The End is Nigh

By , 16 May 2008 5:20 pm

1) We have a publication date for the Infinite Day, 1 June in the States. I suspect the UK release will be about a week later. Please nag your booksellers to get a copy and use all means to promote the book. Above all try to get it removed from the subcategory Futuristic of the subcategory Fiction of the category Religious.

Possible lines to persuade people to read the series include:
1. He names the Antichrist.
2. Tim Lahaye is going to burn it.
3. It’s intelligent.
4. It terrified the life out of the kids.
5. Hollywood are looking at the film rights.
6. It’s by this really cool Welsh author that nobody knows anything about.
7. It’s actually translated from Serbo-Croat.
8. The author has been arrested by the Israelis for terrorism.
9. There’s a really good joke about Swansea right at the end.
10. He’s very damning about topology.

Almost all the above are false, irrelevant or unlikely to be effective. Eight is more accurately expressed as ‘arrested by the Norwegians (on the orders of the Israelis) on suspicion of terrorism’. And it was a mistake: it was Mount Hermon, they should have marked the border and a geological hammer isn’t a weapon And I still say the helicopter gunships were quite unnecessary. Nine is true but unlikely to sell many copies.

2) I did an article for the very helpful High Calling website on leadership. I was rather astonished to be asked because I feel ‘I don’t do leadership’. Anyway I like the result and hope you do.

3) I am probably going to launch a no-holds barred article on the Speculative Faith website in the next 48 hours on why Christians ought to write about nuclear conflict aka the ‘end of civilisation as we know it’.

Anyway have a good week and pencil in some reading time early in June.

11 Responses to “The End is Nigh”

1. davec777 says:

I just pre-ordered it from Amazon this week for my son and I to read along with the conclusion to L.B. Graham’s Binding of the Blade series! We can’t wait. I need to re-read the previous books again, so I am ready to go when it comes =) Really looking forward to it!

2. dugmad says:

Totally ready for more. My son has just finished book 2 and 3 ( as we had the split book one set) I am going to reread as well once I finish the latest Dekker novel.

We are both very pumped to get into it again!!

Love the LaHaye poke….

doug

Pre-ordered from Barnes and Noble a while ago. Been nagging at them to try getting it in, and to say that you should be classified along with Lewis’s fiction (for his Space Trilogy if not Chronicles of Narnia). And as my birthday is in June, it’s a bit of an early birthday present for me.

4. Kirsty says:

Do you think it’s better to order it from a secular bookshop or Wesley Owen? I can see advantages both ways.

Kirsty,

I’d be fascinated (and probably upset)to know how hard it is for a secular book shop to get the book. But if you can give it a try and email me (cwalley@gmail.com) if there are problems.

Blessings

6. Inspector N. Natural says:

Man, I can’t wait. I’m showing up right when the bookstore opens on June 1, complete with my Krallen costume.

JEAH!

7. Benjamin says:

“complete with my Krallen costume”

This I would love to see, right next to Wally and LaHaye simultaneously burning each others work–it might light the fire for further discussion of old parousia theology and get the “over a billion copies sold” stamps flying on the series. 😉

As to the terrorism, I’m extremely interested in hearing that tale. Nothing like rockets zero’d at your head to make you want to revisit Philip’s vanishing act. Plus, I think the publicity tag of “written by a Welsh terrorist” would light the fire under many journalists in America.

Cheers on finishing your tale!

Benjamin

8. Smokey the Dog says:

I saw Infinite Day listed in the “New Releases” section of Christianbook.com’s recent mailout.

9. UKSteve says:

I’m sold on a joke about Swansea. Will it spoil the book if I skip straight to that bit first? :)

Its a nuanced, literary joke that is much needed at an hour of need. Read in context!

11. SuperAngel says:

OH! I am so happy to finally have a date for release of The Infinite Day. I have been searching weekly to see if there was one announced and now I am rewarded! June 1st is such a wonderful date to release it! Now I can purchase it before we leave for a 2 week vacation! 😀
    I am so excited! Now off to preorder my copy. :)
    Prayers and Blessings,