Dear Readers

By , 28 May 2010 5:10 pm

It’s half term and I have just finished teaching and frankly I’m shattered. I also really want to try to get started on a new book. Actually ‘not get started’; I have already done that. What I feel about writing books is that they are rather like getting a plane into the air. You have to belt along the runway for an awful long time before the thing will actually take off and fly. At the moment I am accelerating along the runway (three maybe four chapters done) but I’m not convinced that I have reached takeoff speed yet. So what I want to do is stand back from the blog for a couple of weeks or so while I try and get the thing off the ground!

But you are not forgotten

every blessing

7 Responses to “Dear Readers”

Yes please! I’ll miss your blog but can’t think of a better reason for you to take a break from it!

Many good wishes and prayers for your work!

Catherine

2. george says:

Can you at least tell us how the new book is going to end?

3. John Weaver says:

Is it a sci-fi novel? I’d love something more to dissect. By the way, the dissertation is published and can be found on Proquest. I’m revising the chapter on science fiction for publication, and I’ve made major changes to the section I wrote on your novels, most of which I think you’ll like. I did, if not 1 180, a 145. Take care.

John

4. Linda says:

Dear Chris,
    It is interesting to me, and a little sad, that the questions and comments raised about your “trilogy” are theological only [millenium, for instance] and not about the heart. I have been very moved by your books, and am reading it for the third time. Jorgio inspires me to pray. The only thing I find a little missing is more of who God is, His character and His involvement–personal involvement–in His people. But maybe that is as it should be. [Being the author, you may have a different perspective.] Merral’s struggle with evil, and, later, his struggle with whether or not he can trust God, is very meaningful to me. As a wannabe writer, I hope I will be able to convey deep things of the heart to others. Your writing is excellent, and your character development takes my breath away. You said it took 20 years to write these? I am older than you and may not have that much time to accomplish so much. But blessings to you and your family. Thank you for such a superb work that makes me think and inspires me to pray.
    Sincerely, Linda

Chris, I hope things are going well for you, and that you are recovering from classes.

I hope the R&R is working, for I’ve always enjoyed seeing your thoughts on the blog.

Boaz

6. HollyMae Steane Price says:

Glad to see that you’re still writing! I hope you’ve managed to ‘reach takeoff speed’ now! Keep at it!

Holly :)

7. Dana says:

Holiday over yet? Or on a sabbattical?